Yer: İstanbul, Türkiye
Job Title: Web Manager
Department: New Media
Location: Greenpeace Mediterranean office in Istanbul
Line Manager:Deputy New Media Director
Greenpeace is the leading independent environmental organization that utilizes bold action, cutting-edge research and creative communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We investigate, document and expose environmental destruction in a peaceful manner and promote open, informed debate about society’s environmental choices. To ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or governments. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.greenpeace.org.tr
Overall Purpose of the Job
To coordinate and implement a variety of web-based projects with close coordination with campaigns, communications and fundraising teams in order to strengthen the presence and impact of Greenpeace Mediterranean in Turkey.
• Develop and execute online strategies including list-building, marketing, community building, fundraising, and advocacy strategies
• Provide analysis and develop best practices to increase the number of supporters on Greenpeace’s email list and expand the size of online community through the use of social networking tools and resources
• Manage a diverse team of online professionals
• Collaborate with the fundraising team to design and implement online strategies for fundraising and donor acquisition
• Coordinate closely with the Communications Unit to ensure consistent branding and messaging across all Greenpeace’s communications channels
• Promote innovation, risk-taking, and the use of cutting-edge technology to strengthen Greenpeace’s presence and maximally disseminate its message in cost effective and compelling ways
• Constantly analyze the data generated by online work and use that knowledge to guide both strategy and implementation of online tactics
• Develop and maintain systems and programs that measure the effectiveness of the activities of the online department
• Determine annual budgets and staffing levels in conjunction with the New Media Deputy Director in Turkey
Specific areas of responsibilities
• Campaigning: Take mission-driven initiatives, help in crafting and executing the campaign strategy, including rapid-response. The New Media Manager in Turkey is expected to be nimble and flexible in contributing the communications plans by taking into account the ever-changing external context/narrative.
• Production and Project Management: Bring experience of wide array of content mediums (online advocacy actions, optimized landing pages, video, info graphics, sharable images, social media) and create content and manage outside content creators. Articulate the role of online communications to cross-functional teams.
Take the lead in forming actionable digital strategies that support web-compatible campaign goals, secure stakeholder buy-in, and project manage digital campaigns efficiently to produce measurable results.
• Digital Innovation: Be on top of shifts in the online media landscape, online analytics, and new innovations and solutions that can help achieve organizational objectives. Candidates should be versed with a wide range of platforms and eager to embrace new ones that can help drive impact.
• Community Management: Manage and develope online communities with a user-centric approach that is optimized for advocacy and fundraising, including large ones that Greenpeace has already developed or new ones we may seek to build.
• Mobile Web Optimization and Advocacy: Serve as lead on mobile web optimization and marketing strategic planning and implementation, working with Fundraising Manager on mobile fundraising component. Collaborate with developers on mobile optimization of online forms, emails, and Greenpeace’s website in Turkey. Test tactics for successfully incorporating mobile activism into online campaigns. Track latest mobile trends.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum four years experience in online campaigning techniques and technologies: email best practices, database management, email blasting software, web analytics packages
• Basic skills in HTML/CSS/JS, experience with content management systems (WordPress, Drupal), and general technical expertise.
• Basic graphic design skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc;
• Experience in web product development, including creating wireframes, technical specifications, and developing a cross-browser QA/bug tracking plan.
• Familiarity with web design and content optimization and testing with tools familiarity with user experience principles a plus.
• Familiarity with core SEO and web marketing concepts a plus.
• Relevant experience in social or environmental activism or advocacy, campaigning, political strategy, social media and online organizing.
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and exercise independent judgment and action.
• Close familiarity with online tools and platforms.
• Experience in team management, strong commitment to team work.
• Experience in project management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to work well with a diverse range of individuals
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Başvuru Şekli: CV’nizi email@example.com email adresine gönderiniz.
View full post on Yazılım/Teknoloji İlanları